Competition terms and conditions
Celebrate Canada Day and win a BBQ masterclass with chef ambassador, David Colcombe.
1. The “#MapleBackyardBBQ’ competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of Maple from Canada UK, their families, agents, or any third party directly associated with the administration of the competition.
2. Entries must be a photograph of a dish cooked on a personal BBQ and include pure, Canadian maple syrup in some way to be eligible.
3. All entries must be posted on Instagram, tag @MapleCanadaUK and @SamandShaunaOfficial, and use the hashtag #MapleBackyardBBQ to be eligible, and only one entry per person is permitted.
4. The closing date and time of the prize draw/competition is 7pm on Sunday 12th July 2020. Entries submitted after this time will not be counted.
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries or other communications not successfully completed due to a technical fault technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
6. The winner(s) of a prize draw will be chosen by Sam and Shauna and the winner(s) drawn out will be selected from all those who abided by the competition rules (such as using the correct hashtag). Judging criteria for the competition are as stated above.
7. The winner(s) will be notified via Instagram as soon as possible after the closing date. The winner(s) must then private message @MapleCanadaUK on Instagram to claim their prize(s).
8. The winner(s) will receive the prize stated in the IGTV video. Physical prizes will be posted out within 36 hours of receipt of the winner(s) address. The cooking masterclass will be arranged for when social distancing guidelines deems it safe to do so.
9. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and no cash alternative is offered.
10. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw/competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
11. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
12. The promoter may cancel future promotions of this or any type not yet advertised at its sole discretion.
13. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
14. Winners may be asked to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in various media but are not obliged to do so.
15. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
16. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. The Promoter of this prize draw is Liquid PR of New Oxford House, Birmingham, B2 5UG.
18. Our prize draws and/or competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. By entering this prize draw/competition, you agree to a complete release of Instagram from any or all liability in connection with it.