- 4 ripe nectarines or peaches, halved with stones removed
- 300g black cherries, halved with stones removed
- 150g raspberries
- 70g whole hazelnuts, lightly crushed
- 35ml of your favourite bourbon
- 100ml pure Canadian maple syrup
- 150g ricotta cheese
- Set your BBQ up for indirect grilling and let heat up. Place peaches or nectarines flat side down directly onto the grill for 3-4 minutes or until chargrill marks appear. Remove and set aside onto a warmed plate.
- Heat a cast-iron pan directly over hot coals in the BBQ then add crushed hazelnuts and dry toast for 3-4 minutes until nut oils released and you can smell their aroma. Keep hazelnuts moving to prevent burning then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same pan, place grilled nectarines/peaches skin side down this time and scatter raspberries and cherries in between the nectarines/peaches. Let the pan get hot then pour bourbon over fruits quickly followed by maple syrup.
- Transfer the pan from the main heat source and over to the indirect side of the BBQ and close the lid. Cook for 20 minutes until fruits soften.
- Using oven proof gloves, remove the hot pan and rest on a heatproof mat. Top each nectarine/peach with a heaped teaspoon of ricotta and spoon over the syrupy juices from the fruits cooked in the pan with the toasted hazelnuts.
- Let fruit cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
An alternate use for your BBQ grill heightens the flavour of stoned fruits. Combine seasonal fruits with toasted hazelnuts, maple syrup and a blast of boozy Bourbon and top with creamy ricotta for a simple yet elegant dessert.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.