- 12 trifle sponge fingers
- 200g fresh strawberries, washed, destalked and quartered
- 2 sachets of strawberry flavour jelly crystals plus 285ml of hot water
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- 300ml ready-made custard
- 125ml whipping cream
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 125g fresh raspberries
- 100g fresh blackberries
- Break the sponge fingers into pieces and place in the base of the trifle dish. Scatter with a handful of strawberries
- Dissolve one sachet of jelly crystals in 285ml of boiling water and add the maple syrup
- Pour over the sponge fingers and strawberries and leave to set overnight in the fridge
- Spread a layer of cold custard over the set jelly and strawberries and top with raspberries and blueberries and set aside – leave enough for topping
- Repeat the process for a second layer of jelly and fruit
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream to form stiff peaks and generously spread a thick layer on top of the fruit
- Decorate with the remaining strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries and chill to set before serving
Fruit trifle is a British classic and you’ll love this twist with added maple syrup. It makes a colourful table centrepiece for a summer celebration.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.