- 150ml sunflower oil
- 120g maple sugar or caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 90ml pure maple syrup
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp crushed cloves
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 115g finely grated carrot
- 25g desiccated coconut
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Butter a 900g loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- Whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs and maple syrup.
- Beat in the flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the grated carrot and coconut. Combine and pour the mix into the tin and bake for 40 minutes until risen and a skewer or toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
- Once cooked, rest for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack and serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.