- 130g unsalted butter, softened
- 160g maple sugar
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 180g ground almonds
- 80g flaked almonds
- 75g plain flour, sieved
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup, plus an extra 2 tbsp for glazing (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 4 figs, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas 4. Lightly grease a round 28cm, fluted loose-bottomed tart tin
- Beat the butter, maple sugar, lemon zest and orange zest in a bowl until smooth and light
- Gradually whisk in the eggs and vanilla essence followed by ground and flaked almonds, sieved flour, maple syrup and baking powder. Pour into the tart tin and smooth over
- Arrange figs and press down into place onto the almond filling. Place tart tin onto a baking tray and transfer to oven
- Bake for 45 minutes until slightly risen and golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush figs with extra maple syrup whilst still hot
Learn how to make frangipane tart like a professional pastry chef with this exquisite frangipane recipe. Sure to impress family and friends, the naturally sweet maple syrup pairs perfectly with the nutty filling and fruity outer layer to create the most amazing fig tart.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.