- 3 chicken breasts, skin and fat off
- 600ml chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 100g green beans, blanched
- 4 soft-boiled quail eggs
- 300g baby spinach, picked and washed
- 25g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g spelt
- 25g dried apple, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon and juice of half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 75ml pure maple syrup
- 25g English mustard
- 25g green grapes, peeled and halved
- Poach the chicken in stock and set aside. Keep the stock.
- For the spelt mixture, heat oil, add onions until soft, add spelt and stir well. Add stock from the chicken and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in dried apple and lemon.
- For the dressing, sauté the shallots and add the green grapes, cider vinegar, maple syrup and English mustard.
- Add spelt to the centre of the plate. Add green beans, baby spinach, sliced poached chicken, quarters of cherry tomatoes and soft-boiled quail eggs. Finish with maple and green grape dressing.
Maple syrup is used as part of the dressing that really sets this dish apart. Mustard and cider vinegar are also incorporated to make sure there is plenty of punch.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.