- 1 lb of chicken breast
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 apples, quartered
- 60ml maple syrup
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp tamarind sauce
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 pinch of celery seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 150g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Arrange the kebab ingredients on skewers by alternating pieces of chicken, onions and apples.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a dish large enough to fit four kebabs.
- Place the kebabs in the dish and coat with marinade – let them sit for approximately 4 hours (30 mins – 6 hours) in the fridge.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium high.
- Remove the kebabs from the marinade.
- Reserve 240ml of the marinade and set aside.
- BBQ the kebabs for 7 minutes, turn them over, baste with marinade and BBQ for further 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade in a casserole dish.
- Add cranberries and maple syrup.
- Bring to boil.
- Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with kebabs.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.