- 110g macadamia nuts (roughly chopped)
- 225ml cold water
- 450g fine maple sugar
- 150ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably dark for its robust taste)
- 250g mascarpone
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place the nuts onto lightly oiled baking sheet
- Place in the oven for 8-10 mins until golden
- Add the sugar, 125ml maple syrup and water into a small pan over a gentle heat
- Stir constantly for 10-15 mins until the sugar has dissolved
- Bring it up to boil until it becomes light caramel colour
- Plunge the bottom of pan into bowl of cold water to stop it from cooking any further then add nuts
- Once it’s stopped bubbling, immediately pour the mixture onto a lightly oiled tray
- Leave to set then break into shards
- Mix the remaining 50ml of maple syrup with the mascarpone. Serve with mixed berries and top with the brittle
Made with macadamia nut, this traditional treat is rich, creamy and pairs perfectly with the mascarpone. Our nut brittle recipe incorporates maple sugar and pure maple syrup for an added touch of sweetness.
Chef’s tip: Keep a close eye on the nuts while they’re roasting as they burn easily. If you have a sugar thermometer, the ideal temperature to heat the sugar and maple is 170C.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.