- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g maple sugar
- 150g plain flour
- 250ml milk
- 200g apricots
- 60g salted butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 150C. Halve the apricots, remove the stone and place into a bowl. Pour maple syrup over the apricots and leave to soak.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and in a separate bowl mix the sugar and eggs, then stir in the flour. To complete the batter mixture, stir in the melted butter and milk.
- Grease a baking tray with butter and pour in the batter mix and top with the soaked apricots and maple syrup.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 150C and then for a further 20 minutes at 180C.
- Serve with crème fraiche or ice cream.
Chef’s Tip: If you can’t get your hands on Maple sugar, this recipe works brilliantly with golden caster sugar substituted in a 1:1 ratio.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.