- 375g pack of ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 5 apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 100g sultanas
- 1 beaten egg for pastry egg wash
- Maple sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 180C/Gas 6
- Follow packet instructions for preparing pastry
- In a pan, cook apples on a medium heat with maple syrup, cinnamon, lemon juice, zest and sultanas. Try and keep apples chunky in texture and shape
- In an ovenproof dish spread out apples and carefully place pastry over the top
- Trim excess pastry with a sharp knife and secure the edges down using the back of a fork
- Lightly brush pastry with beaten egg and then prick pastry with a fork. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown
- Dust with maple sugar and serve
Deliciously sweet fruit pie featuring apples infused with maple syrup. Our apple pie recipe is easy to follow and produces a true family favourite. The ultimate apple dessert!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.