- Native lobster
- 500g butter
- 100ml maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 50ml maple vinegar
- Splash Bowmore 15-year-old
- Blackthorn salt to season
- Cold smoke the butter for 1 hour.
- Clarify and remove milk solids.
- Blanch the lobster for 3 minutes in boiling seasoned water, refresh in ice water.
- Boil the maple syrup and reduce to half the volume, add the maple vinegar and bring back to boil, reduce till a balance of flavour is achieved once cool add the Bowmore to taste.
- Cut the chilled lobster tail in half and carefully crack open the claws, remove the flesh and clean the carcass.
- Poach the flesh in the smoked butter (at 56 – 57 degrees) for 5 minutes.
- Once the lobster is cooked remove from the butter and place neatly back in its shell.
- Brush on the maple glaze, season with the blackthorn salt and finish on a BBQ to accentuate the smoky flavours.
An elegantly simple lobster dish with the smoky aromas of 15-year-old Splash Bowmore whisky and butter.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.