- 2 baby back pork ribs
For the pork rib glaze:
- 605ml tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pre-heat oven to 160C/Gas 3
- Combine all glaze ingredients together and gently warm on a low heat in a pan
- Add a splash of water to keep consistency pourable yet glossy. Leave 1⁄4 of glaze for later
- Lay ribs on a baking tray and fully coat with glaze using a pastry brush. Cover with foil and oven bake for 2 hours
- Remove ribs from oven and coat with the remaining glaze. Return re-glazed ribs uncovered to the oven and bake for a further 25 minutes, until crispy edges appear and caramelised sauce shows
- Serve with a tangy homemade slaw and garnish with chopped spring onions
Gloriously sticky ribs with a caramelised maple glaze, oozing with flavour.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.