For the maple brandy snaps
- 100g maple spread
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g plain flour
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Zest of ½ orange
- 1 tbsp brandy
For the white chocolate mousse
- 300ml double cream
- 150g white chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
To make the maple brandy snaps
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Put the butter and maple spread in a saucepan and heat gently until they have melted.
- Put the flour and nutmeg in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the orange zest and brandy, pour in the butter mixture and gradually beat it into the flour until the mixture is combined.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for one hour.
- Roll one tsp of the mixture in your hands to create a ball, repeat until all the mixture if used up.
- Space the balls far apart as they will spread. Cook in batches for 8 – 10 mins until set, golden brown and lacy in appearance. Leave for a minute before shaping – the snaps should still be pliable but set enough to move without tearing.
- To make the baskets, oil the base of small ramekins or narrow tumblers and drape the biscuits over them.
To make the white chocolate mousse
- Put the white chocolate in a bowl and half of the cream in a pan.
- Bring the cream to a boil then pour into your white chocolate.
- Stir well then add the remaining cold cream and vanilla extract and stir again.
- Keep in the fridge until the mixture is cold.
- Pour the mixture into a stand mixer bowl, beat until soft peaks form.
- Fill the maple brandy snaps baskets with a piping bag or a spoon.
- Add some berries on the top.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.