For the brownies
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- 150g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 220g maple sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 150g self raising flour
For the maple cream cheese frosting
- 100g salted butter, room temp
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp Canadian dark maple syrup
- 100g full-fat cream cheese, cold from the fridge
- 160g Cadbury Mini Eggs
To make the brownies
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (fan).
- Line an 8inch/20cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the dark chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in-between, until melted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the Maple Sugar and eggs together until thick and foamy.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the whisked eggs and add the flour. Fold the mixture together until fully combined.
- Spoon into the baking tin and bake for 20 minutes. Leave to cool in the baking tin for 20 minutes, then place in the fridge for 2 hours.
To make the maple cream cheese frosting
- Using an electric mixer beat the butter until soft and pale in colour.
- Beat in the icing sugar in stages until smooth.
- Now mix in the cold cream cheese until fully combined. It should be light and creamy.
- Mix in the Canadian Dark Maple Syrup.
- Lift the brownies out of the baking tin.
- Spread the maple frosting all over the top of the brownies.
- With the Mini Eggs still in the bag, use a rolling pin to crush them.
- Scatter the crushed Mini Eggs over the frosting.
- Slice into 12 and enjoy!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.