- 1x 2L kombucha scoby, with 200ml of starter liquid
- 150ml pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1.5l and 500ml water
- 2 bags of black tea
- A handful of strawberries, mint and grapefruit to garnish
- Bring 500ml of water and 150ml pure maple syrup to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Add 2 tea bags and allow to steep while it cools to room temperature.
- Transfer to a 3L jar, top with 1.5L water and add the kombucha scoby. Cover the jar with a cloth and secure with some string.
- Allow it to ferment for 6–8 days out of direct sunlight. You will see a second scoby appear above the original.
- You can drink your maple kombucha straight over ice or add some grapefruit, mint and strawberries for additional flavour.
If you like the look of this kombucha recipe, make sure to explore our other drinks with maple syrup below!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.