For the pulled pork
- 500g pork shoulder
- 50ml teriyaki sauce
- 300ml chicken stock (or 1 cube with 300ml water)
- 35ml pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 25g maple sugar
- 10g fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
For the maple-pickled onions
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 150ml pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 150ml white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 whole black peppercorns
For the rest of the filling
- 25 mini tortilla wraps
- 1 green pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp sour cream
To make the pulled pork
- Place the pork shoulder in a slow cooker and pour all the ingredients over. Cook for 3-4 hours on low heat until the pork is fall-apart tender.
To make the maple-pickled red onions
- Put the sliced red onions, garlic and black peppercorns into a large jar.
- In a pan, boil the maple syrup and white wine vinegar, then pour the mixture into the jar.
- Leave to pickle for at least 4 hours.
- Put one tablespoon of maple-pulled pork into each tortilla, then top with pickled red onion and peppers.
- To finish, drizzle over some sour cream and sprinkle chopped coriander.
Like the look of this pork tacos recipe? Make sure to explore our other pork recipes!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.