FOR THE BISCUITS
- 1 cup flour
- 50ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 8 tbsp softened salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- For the biscuits: ensure that the butter is at room temperature and soft (but not melted).
- Add in the maple syrup and whisk together. Sift in the baking powder and the flour in ¼ cup increments and mix until fully combined (it should be crumbly).
- Place the mixture on a large piece of clingfilm, and twist/tie the edges of it together to form the mixture in one solid piece of dough.
- When the dough has formed, open the cling film and get another piece to place on top so that the dough is sandwiched between the two.
- Then, use your hands to flatten a bit and keep the dough together, before using a rolling pin to roll it out to roughly ½cm thick.
- Use a small cookie cutter to cut out the biscuits. Place them spaced apart on a lined baking tray, and put it in the oven for 12-15mins at 170°c/355F.
- Leave to cool completely before adding the filling.
- To make the filling, add the filling ingredients to a bowl and whisk on high for about 10-15 seconds.
- Spoon between ½-1 tsp of the filling per biscuit.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.