For the carpaccio
- 500g fresh strawberries
- 50ml maple vinegar
- 3 tbsp of pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 leaves of fresh basil
For the maple chantilly
- 200ml double cream
- 75g mascarpone
- 30g maple sugar
- 2g vanilla extract
To make the carpaccio
- In a bowl add the maple syrup, maple vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Cut and finely slice the strawberries, then add to the bowl to soak in the vinegar mixture for 30 minutes.
- Remove the slices and arrange them in a layered, circular pattern on a large plate, or four smaller ones for individual portions. Transfer to the fridge to keep cool.
To make the maple chantilly
- Put all the ingredients together and whisk with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top the strawberry carpaccio with the basil and serve with the maple Chantilly.
This fresh dessert layers slices of strawberry and basil with a drizzle of pure maple syrup over the top. It is a quick and easy dessert that tastes delicious.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.