- 50g strawberries, washed, drained, stemmed and cut into quarters
- 60ml pure maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- Preheat oven to 100 °C (200 °F). Remove stems from strawberries and cut in two or three pieces according to size. Puree strawberries and maple syrup in a blender to a nice and smooth texture, like a coulis.
- Using a spatula, spread the mixture in a thin layer on a large 33 X 45 cm (13 X 18 in.) baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Make sure mixture does not overflow paper. Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook 3 to 4 hours or until the mixture is dried up. After 3 hours of cooking, check every 15 minutes if ready; mixture should no longer stick to the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 2 hours on the counter. Break into chips the size you want. They will keep for about 1 week in an airtight container.
This fruity, sweet treat is super easy to make and the end product can be enjoyed by all.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.