- 6 x fluted mini tart tins
- 225g digestive biscuits
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 50g maple sugar
- 397g can of caramel
- 3 small bananas, sliced
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- Dark chocolate, for shavings
- Put the digestive biscuits into a food processor and pulse until you have a consistent, crumbly mixture.
- Melt your butter and mix in the crushed biscuits along with the maple sugar until fully combined.
- Divide the mixture between six fluted tart tins, pushing down and round the sides with a spoon to smooth the surface, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once the biscuit bases have set, beat your caramel to loosen it slightly then divide it evenly between your six tart tins.
- Add chopped banana to the top of the caramel until the base is covered. Put them in the fridge. N.B. If you’re not serving your banoffee pies straight away, mix your bananas with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
- Whip the cream with the pure maple syrup until soft peaks form.
- Take the pies out of the fridge and spoon the whipped cream on top of the bananas. Grate the dark chocolate over the cream, and if you like, add another drizzle of pure maple syrup before serving.
If you like the look of this banoffee pie recipe from A Cup of Tea and Cake, make sure to check out her website for more wonderful recipe ideas!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.