- 4 x 150g cod or any other white fish
- 300ml fish or chicken stock
- 1 large ruby pink grapefruit
- 400g green beans
- 3 tbsp cashew nuts
- Large handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- Salt and pepper
- 30ml fish sauce
- 30ml pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 tbsp maple sugar
- Small red chilli, finely chopped
- Slice both ends of the grapefruit. Stand on one end and following the curve of the grapefruit, take off peel and pith. Segment by slicing in between membranes.
- Blanch green beans in boiling water for 1 – 2 minutes until tender. Refresh in iced water.
- In a frying pan, cook cashews stirring for 2 – 3 minutes until lightly roasted.
- Roughly chop and set aside. Season fish and gently poach in the stock for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Toss the grapefruit, beans, coriander and spring onions with the lime dressing.
- Arrange on a serving plate, place fish on top and sprinkle with the roasted cashews.
- Stir together all the ingredients until the sugar is dissolved.
This deliciously succulent cod infuses crisp and sweet flavours from the sweet maple syrup and the zingy lime.
Chef’s tip: This recipe can be made using any type of fish. Try salmon or mackerel, rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein and high in vitamin B.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.