- 350g fresh raspberries (washed)
- 320g pre-rolled puff pastry
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 25g maple sugar
- 100ml maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 200ml whole milk
- 20g plain flour
- 150ml double cream
To make the pastry:
- Pre-heat oven at 220C
- Take the pastry out from the fridge and leave to rest for 10 mins
- Place onto grease proof paper and onto a tray
- Prick the top of the pastry with a fork in several places. Beat one of your eggs in a bowl and brush over the pastry
- Place a second greased tray on top so the pastry in sandwiched in between
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until crisp
- Remove from the oven and whilst hot slice into four equal strips and leave to cool on a wire rack
To make the custard:
- In a large bowl, add one whole egg and an extra egg yolk, sugar and maple syrup and mix until smooth
- Sieve the flour then whisk into the mixture
- Warm the milk in a pan on a gentle heat until simmering
- Whisk the milk into the mixture until completely combined
- Add everything back into the pan and whisk continuously until it becomes thick
- Take off the heat and pour into a container
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate
- Whip the double cream and fold in the custard mixture
- Layer the pastry sheets, custard and fruit on top each other and repeat until you have three layers, starting and ending with the pastry
A raspberry mille feuille recipe enriched with the natural sweetness of Canadian maple syrup. A classic French dessert, this delicate pastry truly tastes as good as it looks.
Chef’s tips: Once baked, handle the pastry sheets with care as they break easily. If one happens to break, use it as the bottom slice.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.