FOR THE TART BASE
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 6 tbsp filtered water
- 50g ground almonds
- 150g plain white flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Canadian maple syrup (preferably dark for its robust taste)
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp jam of choice
FOR THE FILLING
- 300g siklen tofu
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Canadian maple syrup (preferably dark for its robust taste)
- Crushed pistachios
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a loose bottom pie tin with a little coconut oil and line with baking paper.
TO MAKE THE TART
- Make the flax egg by mixing the ground flax and water in a bowl – set aside to thicken.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine. Then add in the oil, almond milk, maple syrup and the flax egg. Mix thoroughly to form a dough.
- Bring together then roll out onto a floured board.
- Transfer the dough to the tart pan and use your fingers to press into the bottom and up the sides. Poke a few holes with a fork across the bottom and the sides.
- Bake the case for 20 minutes on 180°C.
- Remove from the oven and allow the tart base to cool a little.
TO MAKE THE FILLING
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the jam across the base of the tart then spoon the filling on top.
- Slice the strawberries and place them over the top of the filling. Sprinkle over some pistachios.
- Add to the fridge to firm up a little.
Find more great recipes and imagery by Niki (Rebel Recipes) here.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.