- 350g hazelnuts, divided use
- 1 pinch of salt
- 135g dried dates, pitted and halved
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 120ml amber, rich-tasting maple syrup
- 5 avocados, peeled, pitted, divided use
- 100g cocoa powder
- 3tbsp goji berries, ground
- Place half of the hazelnuts into a liquidiser and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to pulse and quickly release. Continue to pulse 8 to 12 more times, using tamper to press ingredients into the blades. Repeat with the rest of the nuts. Remove to a bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and salt to the ground nuts in the bowl. Mix to incorporate and press into a springform pan.
- Place 120ml coconut oil, dates vanilla bean and maple syrup into the liquidiser in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10. Blend for 25 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients into the blades. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Place 2½ avocados in the liquidiser and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10. Blend for 30 seconds. Add to the bowl with the date mixture. Repeat the process with the other half of the avocados.
- Add the cocoa powder and goji berries to the bowl with the avocado and date mixture. Mix to incorporate.
- Spoon mix over the top of the hazelnut crust, wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight to set.
- Slice torte just before serving.
This indulgent, decadent torte is the perfect dessert for dinner parties this festive season.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.