- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 20g maple sugar
- 20g pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden for its delicate flavour)
- 20g raw cashew nuts
- 1 tsp yeast flakes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small pinch turmeric
- 4 tbsp of pure Canadian maple syrup for topping
- Combine the coconut milk, corn flour, maple sugar, maple syrup and cashew nuts in a saucepan and stir.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat while stirring (about 3-5 minutes).
- Remove from heat (don’t worry about lumps if they occur).
- Add the cream mixture to a high-speed blender. Add the nutritional yeast flakes, vanilla, and pinch of turmeric (for colour). Blend until creamy.
- Pour the cream into 4 ramekins (or 8 smaller containers).
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top of each with approximately 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and make sure the entire surface of cream has maple syrup over it.
- Use a kitchen torch to caramelise the maple syrup and create a crispy top coating.
- Refrigerate for up to an hour before serving.
With this vegan crème brûlée recipe we have made this traditionally decadent dessert just as luxurious, but instead with plant-based ingredients.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.