- 280g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp allspice
- 110g butter, softened
- 100g maple sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cream of tartar
- 125ml milk
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 8 large apricots, halved and pitted
- 100ml water
- 200ml pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan.
- Grease and line cake tin.
- Sieve our, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg.
- Combine butter, maple sugar, maple syrup, eggs and cream of tartar.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture, stir in milk.
- Fold in chopped apple. Pour into prepared cake tin.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool and leave to one side.
- Combine water and maple syrup.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes, until mixture bubbles.
- Add apricots and cook for 2-3 minutes in the syrup. Set aside to cool.
- Serve apricot confit with the cake.
- Fresh peaches can be used instead as a summer alternative.
Chef’s tipDuring the winter, dried fruit confit is a good substitute for fresh apricots. Add a dollop of clotted cream and drizzle with maple.
Fruity, soft apple cake and rich confit apricots make this recipe perfect for a summery dessert.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.