- 1 cooked, bone-in half ham (about 3.5kg)
- 15 whole cloves
- 85g dark brown sugar
- 85g pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°c. Cut off the tough, leather like skin from ham if it has it and score the fat in a crosshatch pattern.
- Stud ham all over with cloves, put in a large roasting pan, and loosely tent with foil.
- Place the ham in the oven at 180°c-200° After 15 mins turn the temperature down to 160°c.
- While the ham is baking, make the glaze: In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, maple syrup, and mustard. Whisk until smooth.
- Brush the ham generously with the glaze and cook for a further 20 mins. Continue basting until the glaze is golden brown.
A delicious golden brown baked ham marinated in delicate-tasting golden maple syrup. The perfect Canadian Christmas dinner!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.