- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 – 2 red chillies
- 1 x bunch of spring onions
- 500g Brussels sprouts
- Vegetable or groundnut oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 1 lime
- ½ bunch of coriander
- Peel and finely slice the garlic. Halve the red chillies, remove the seeds and finely slice also. Trim the spring onions and slice
- Trim the Brussels sprouts, removing any brown or tough outer leaves, and then finely slice them on the slicing attachment of a food processor. If you don’t have one, you can do this by hand, just shred as finely as you can
- Place a large frying pan or wok on a medium heat. Pour in a few tablespoons of oil then add the garlic and chilli. Fry for a minute, then add the spring onions
- Fry for a couple more minutes, till everything is a little golden then stir in the shredded Brussels sprouts. Turn the heat up, add a splash of water to the pan, then cover with a lid for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through
- Remove the lid, stir in the soy, sesame oil, maple and squeeze in the lime and flash fry for a couple of minutes until charred golden and stick. Tear over the coriander leaves and serve
Georgina’s twist on a classic make these a perfect festive addition. The side of dreams, sweet maple against the sharp heat of the chillies is a sensational combination.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.