- 250g 55% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 250ml double cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 30g unsalted butter
- 100g maple sugar flakes or maple sugar (or a selection of both)
- In a pan bring the cream and lemon zest to a boil, then add the earl grey tea bag and take off the heat.
- Leave to infuse for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag from the cream, then bring the cream to the boil again.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and pour over the cream. Stir until combined, adding the butter bit by bit.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for 5 hours to cool and firm up.
- Using a spoon to remove portions of the truffles, roll each piece in your hands before rolling in flakes or sugar to coat
Easy to make, even easier to eat! This easy truffle recipe made with pure Canadian maple syrup is a tasty Christmas snack and make lovely gifts too.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.