FOR THE TOFU AND MARINADE
- 500g tofu
- 3 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 20g fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
FOR THE LENTILS
- 1 large courgette, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- 250g cooked puy lentils
- 1 red onion, diced
GINGER AND MAPLE TOFU
- Gently sweat the red onion in a pan then add courgettes and balsamic vinegar.
- Add cooked lentils then leave to cool.
- Cut the tofu into 2-inch squares.
- Combine maple syrup, fresh ginger, garlic, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Marinate tofu in mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Pan fry tofu in the glaze for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Place the lentil mix on a serving plate and top with the glazed tofu.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime, coriander and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Halloumi can be added alongside the tofu, or as a replacement. After a few days, you may prefer to toast the bread. Try adding some maple butter to complement the pumpkin and pecan bread with a hint of sweetness.
With tofu marinated in sesame oil, soy sauce and maple syrup, this makes a great salad dish for any time of the day and works well with pumpkin and pecan bread.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.