- 300g blackberries
- 1 tbsp maple flakes
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 large eggs
- 80g maple sugar
- 200ml double cream
- 100ml milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 60g self-raising flour
- Small handful of flaked almonds
- Drizzle of pure maple syrup, to serve (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- Knob of butter, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan/ 180°C conventional.
- Grease a 23cm round dish with butter. Add the blackberries, maple flakes and bay leaves and roast for 10 minutes.
- To make the batter, whisk the eggs, sugar, cream, milk, vanilla and lemon zest together with the flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove bay leaves from the dish, pour the batter over the fruits and scatter with flaked almonds. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and risen.
- Drizzle with pure maple syrup and serve warm.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.