Ingredients for rice
- One cup of Jasmine rice
- 200ml of water
Ingredients for the curry
- 325ml cup of water
- 12g grated fresh ginger
- 500g peeled sweet potatoes, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 400ml low-fat coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons of vegan green Thai curry paste
- ½ tablespoon of maple sugar
- 4 tablespoon of pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber for its rich taste)
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 10 fresh asparagus (washed and ends cut off
- 90g roasted cashew nuts
- Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
To make the rice
- Start making the rice first.
- Put the rice and water in a pan.
- Stir and bring to a boil, once boiling, cover and reduce to low and simmer, until all the water is gone. This should take about 15 minutes.
To make the Thai curry
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Put the asparagus onto a baking tray then drizzle maple syrup on top.
- Roast the asparagus for 10 minutes, until tender but still firm. Put to one side.
- In a large pan, add 125ml of water, ginger and sweet potatoes over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer and once simmering, cover with a lid and cook for 8 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, in a separate bowl, mix the coconut milk, curry paste, the maple sugar and chilli flakes until smooth.
- Once the 8 minutes are up, add the coconut milk mixture and stir well in the pan.
- Bring it back to a simmer and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, stir and heat through just about 30 seconds.
- Plate a portion of rice and then add curry sauce.
- Top with the roasted asparagus and the cashew nuts.
- Sprinkle the chopped fresh coriander on the top to serve.
A 100% vegan Thai green curry made with Canadian maple syrup and fragrant jasmine rice. This vegetarian Thai green curry recipe is easy to follow and full of refreshing flavours.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.