For the marinade
- 4 tbsp Pure dark or amber Canadian maple syrup
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp maple sugar
- 1/4 tsp chilli (optional)
For the tofu
- 300g block of firm tofu (pressed)
- 5 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- Pre-recipe step: press the tofu to remove excess liquid. Use a tofu press, or squeeze the block in a tea towel.
To make the tofu
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl or container.
- Break the tofu into “nugget-size” chunks. Breaking it rather than chopping it will make it crispier later on.
- Set aside half the marinade and pour the rest over the tofu in a sealable container.
- Refrigerate the marinating tofu for at least 1 hour.
- Coat each piece of tofu by rolling it in a bowl of cornflour.
- Airfry your tofu with a teaspoon of oil for 15 minutes at 200°C – shaking well half way through.
- Add the fried tofu to a frying pan or wok and pour in the rest of the marinade – coating the tofu well.
- Serve with your choice of noodles or rice and veg.
This vegan sweet and spicy tofu dish makes a great lunch or evening meal. Served with rice or noodles and some stir fried veg.
Find more vegan dishes from the Veg Food Enthusiast’s page here.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.