- 300g sushi rice
- 100ml maple vinegar
- 2 tsp blue spirulina
- 1-2 tsp beetroot powder
- 1-2 tsp turmeric
- Fillings of choice i.e peppers and cucumbers chopped in strips
- 2-3 seaweed / nori sheets
- Wash and cook the sushi rice as per your packet instructions, drain and place in a bowl to cool.
- Add the maple vinegar to the rice.
- Divide the mixture into 5 parts in separate bowls to make each colour.
- Add in the powders for each colour into each separate bowl: For orange, add 1 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp beetroot powder (add 1-2 tsp extra vinegar if needed). For blue, add 1 tsp blue spirulina; for pink add 1 tsp beetroot powder; for green, add ½ – 1 tsp blue spirulina with 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- Cover a bamboo roller with clingfilm and add a sheet of nori over it.
- Place strips of rice over the nori until you’ve got some colours combos and top with your fillings, lengthways. Leave a little space of nori on the edge so you can seal it.
- Roll the sushi and wet the edge you saved with a bit of water to make it seal.
- With a sharp, damp knife slice your rolls to reveal your superfood rainbow colour combinations.
Developed by Richa at Deliciously Earthy, this superfood sushi is packed full of goodness and uses pure Canadian maple vinegar. A recipe of rainbow dreams.
For more great recipes and food imagery from Deliciously Earthy, click here.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.