- 2kg potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 10 potatoes)
- 1 tsp salt
- 450g strong cheddar cheese, grated (about 2 cups grated)
- 240ml whole milk
- 60ml pure maple syrup (preferably golden for its delicate taste)
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter, melted, plus more for greasing pan
- 30g breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 190ºC.
- Fill large stockpot with water.
- Add ½ tsp salt and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes. Strain and return potatoes to pot.
- To pot, add three quarters of the cheese, the milk, butter, maple syrup, the remaining ½ tsp salt and pepper; mash well to combine. Transfer to a greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining cheese with breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture evenly over mashed potatoes. Bake until top is golden, about 30 minutes.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.