- A cocktail shaker and strainer
- A coupette style glass
- 40ml Cognac
- 10ml Cointreau
- 5ml maple syrup (preferably dark for its robust taste)
- 25ml lemon Juice
- Maple sugar for garnish
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- Ice for shaking
- Place maple sugar in a bowl or tray and spread evenly across the bottom
- Use a wedge of lemon to moisten the rim of your cocktail glass. Dip the glass into the maple sugar until it sticks to the lemon juice and creates a sugar rim.
- Place cognac, Cointreau, maple syrup and lemon juice into a shaker with some ice. Shake until the shaker is frosty to the touch.
- Pour the cocktail into your glass, using a strainer to keep the ice in the shaker. Enjoy!
Brandy and citrus flavours are a classic combination, but it tastes even better with a dash of maple. Impress your guests with this sophisticated tipple, complete with a maple sugar rim!
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.