- A cocktail shaker and strainer
- A coupette style glass
- 40ml Cognac
- 10ml Cointreau
- 5ml pure maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- 25ml lemon Juice
- Maple sugar for garnish
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- Ice for shaking
- Place maple sugar in a bowl or tray and spread evenly across the bottom
- Use a wedge of lemon to moisten the rim of your cocktail glass. Dip the glass into the maple sugar until it sticks to the lemon juice and creates a sugar rim.
- Place cognac, Cointreau, maple syrup and lemon juice into a shaker with some ice. Shake until the shaker is frosty to the touch.
- Pour the cocktail into your glass, using a strainer to keep the ice in the shaker. Enjoy!
This cognac-based cocktail is a sophisticated tipple that’s sure to impress guests. Brandy and citrus flavours make for a classic combination in this quick and easy cocktail recipe, further enhanced by the addition of sweet maple syrup and complete with a maple sugar rim!
If you like the look of this cocktail, make sure to check out our other maple syrup cocktails.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.