- 4 large eggs
- 120ml maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 350ml milk
- 230ml double cream
- 70ml brandy or whiskey
- 70ml rum
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Ground cinnamon and/or cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Add the eggs and maple syrup to a high-powered blender and blend for exactly 4 minutes on high speed.
- Add the milk, cream, brandy, rum and nutmeg. Blend again quickly to combine.
- Pour the eggnog into an airtight container and refrigerate until it’s chilled.
- When ready to serve, stir then garnish with cinnamon sticks or a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
A Canadian classic, this rich and creamy eggnog recipe is a party favourite and taken to the next level with a splash of maple.
Find more Christmas recipes in our free ‘A Very Maple Christmas’ cookbook here.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.