- 350g plain flour (plus a little extra)
- 1tsp bicarbonate soda
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g butter
- 175g maple sugar
- 1 egg
- 4tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- Sieve flour into a bowl and add the spices and bicarbonate of soda
- Stir in the maple sugar and the butter and mix
- Beat the egg and maple syrup together and add to the mixture
- Wrap in clingfilm in refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C
- Roll out the mixture to around 1cm thick and cut into shapes
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Leave to cool on a rack and decorate
A family favourite – these chewy and crunchy maple syrup gingerbread biscuits are a delightful treat.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.