- 65g pecans, toasted
- 114g plain chocolate
- 350g dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp orange juice, just squeezed
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier, or other liqueur (optional)
- 227g premium quality plain chocolate
- 25g unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- To prepare the centres, melt 114g of plain chocolate in a bain-marie over gently simmering water until completely melted, stirring only once or twice. Set aside.
- Chop the dates by hand or you can chop them in the food processor, but they may be a bit sticky.
- If you are using a food processor, place the pecans in with the dates and pulse. Add the melted chocolate, maple syrup, orange juice and liqueur; pulse until the mixture just comes together. Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients together by hand in a medium mixing bowl.
- To form and coat the truffles. Prepare the coating: melt the remaining plain chocolate over a bain-marie of gently simmering water and cool to about 30ºC.
- While the chocolate is cooling, form the truffles. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the truffles into small tiny bite-sized balls.
- Form an assembly line. Place the baking sheet of truffles to the left of you. Place the melted chocolate in front of you and have the sifted cocoa to the right of you. To the far right have a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and/or paper truffle cups ready to place the coated truffles.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.