- 500g unbleached all-purpose flour
- 15g maple sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 190ml unsalted butter, cold, cut into chunks
- 90ml ice water
- Mix the flour, maple sugar and salt in a food processor.
- Add the butter and pulse a few times until the butter is the size of large peas.
- Add the water and mix again until the dough just begins to form in the bowl.
- Add more water as needed.
- Remove dough from processor and form a 15cm square.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Begin the folding process on a floured work surface.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle of about 46cm x 20cm.
- Fold the dough in two crosswise (as if closing a book), then fold in half again, the same way.
- Wrap once again in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Repeat these folding steps two more times, making sure to refrigerate for 1 hour each time.
This recipe works brilliantly for tarts and pies – the addition of maple sugar gives the pastry a special sweet edge that works perfectly with a variety of fillings for a special occasion.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.