- Canola oil or other neutral-flavoured oil
- 16g Popcorn
- 137g mixed nuts
- 125ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 30g butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Brush a baking sheet with the oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together popcorn and nuts.
- In a large bowl, combine maple syrup and butter. Use a little butter to baste inside rim bowl and prevent caramel from overflowing while cooking. Microwave for 8 minutes.
- Stir the caramel vigorously and add the baking soda.
- Pour caramel over popcorn and nuts and mix to coat well.
- Immediately spread the mixture onto a baking sheet, then leave to harden for 30 minutes.
- Once set, break into shards and serve.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.