- 300ml maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- A few handfuls of nuts (we used walnuts, almonds, pecans, hazelnuts), chopped
- Wooden lolly sticks
- 1 large bag of ice
- Use a food processor to crush the ice as finely as possible
- Fill a baking tray with clean, fresh ice and smooth the top to flatten it
- Heat the maple in a thick-bottomed saucepan and stir continuously with a wooden spoon. The liquid will soon begin to boil. Insert a temperature probe into the saucepan, once it reaches exactly 115°c it is ready to pour.
- With a metal ladle or serving spoon drizzle 2 tablespoons of hot maple onto the ice in thin lines about 5 inches long. Let the maple syrup strips cool for 3 – 5 seconds until they begin to slightly firm up.
- Press the top of the lolly stick into the hot syrup parallel to the ice, it will quickly start to attach to the stick. Roll the stick until it has gathered up all of the maple, then roll in the chopped nuts.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 until all of the maple has been used. Eat while still a little warm.
Bring a taste of Canada to the party with this chewy, nutty and completely delicious maple taffy with chopped nuts recipe.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.