Ingredients for the soup
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 chopped red onion
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 500ml of water
- One cube of low salt veg stock
- One tablespoon of pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden for its delicate taste)
- 400g of diced tomatoes (one tin)
- 400g of drained and rinsed Cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 200g of washed fresh spinach
- 4 slices of seeded sourdough bread, to serve
To make the soup
- In a large saucepan, on a medium heat, preheat your olive oil then add the onion, fresh thyme, celery, carrots and garlic. Stir until soft (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the water, stock cube, tomatoes, maple syrup and the seasoning to the vegetables then change the heat from medium to high heat.
- When the soup begins to boil, cover and simmer the soup for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the spinach, Cannellini beans salt, pepper to taste and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Toast the sourdough bread and serve with the soup for dunking.
This warming vegan Mediterranean Tuscan soup is a perfect winter warmer paired with Maple toasted sourdough bread.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.