- 250g Plain Flour
- 125g Soft Butter
- 100g Maple sugar
- 25g Maple syrup
- 5g Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 2g Vanilla extract
- 200g Strawberry jam
- In a large bowl or a mixer (with the paddle attachment) mix the maple sugar, plain flour and the baking powder.
- Add the soft butter then stir for about 3 minutes, until the butter is completely incorporated.
- Beat the egg with the maple syrup and the vanilla extract then add the mixture and gently work it together until it forms a ball of dough. Do not work the pastry too much at this stage or it will become elastic and chewy.
- Put the dough in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Dust a clean surface and a rolling pin with flour, then carefully roll out your biscuit dough.
- With a round cutter or any other shapes, cut the biscuit dough then place them on a baking tray covered with baking parchment.
- Bake the biscuits for 10 minutes or until you get a nice light brown colour.
- When the biscuits are cold, spread some jam onto one side and then add another one on the top.
These scrumptious strawberry jam-filled, maple biscuits take you right back to your childhood. A quick and easy sweet treat for all the family.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.