- 1.5kg leg of lamb
- 2 beef tomatoes, quartered
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp small capers, rinsed
- Bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- Small bunch of basil, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Mix together the yoghurt, maple syrup and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Put the lamb in a large roasting tin and season well with salt and pepper, then cover in the maple yoghurt marinade.
- Add the chopped shallots and tomatoes to the roasting tin and leave to marinade overnight.
- Pre heat the oven to 200ºC and roast the lamb for 20 mins. Then reduce the heat to 160 ºC and cook for another 40 mins. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the lamb. Use 20 minutes per half kilo as a guide.
- While it’s cooking, make a dressing by mixing together the fresh chopped herbs, olive oil and capers in a bowl.
- When the lamb is cooked, spoon over the dressing. Cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 20 minutes before serving.
Succulent and tender, this roast lamb with cooling maple yoghurt is the perfect dish to welcome spring.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.