- 4 slices of crusty bread of choice
- 4 tbsp ricotta cheese
- Juice of half a lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Fresh cress
- 400g radishes
- 100ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 200c, grab a baking tray and add the radishes with 1 tbsp olive oil, toss to coat and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, tossing every ten or so.
- Whilst radishes are cooking make the ricotta base by adding the ricotta, lemon juice, a tbsp snipped cress and a generous helping of salt and pepper. Mix to combine everything together. Pop aside until ready.
- For the maple reduction, add the maple syrup to a pan with the vinegar and cook on medium heat until reduced and sticky (around 10 minutes).
- Add half of the reduction to the radishes with five minutes to go. Use the rest to pour over the bread.
- Build by layering the bread (or toast) with a layer of lemon ricotta mixture, spoon on the roasted radishes, top with cress and lemon zest, season to taste and pour over the rest of the maple reduction.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.