- 700ml whole milk
- 2 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber syrup for its rich taste)
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Left over easter egg or milk chocolate
- 2 1/2 tbsp double cream
- Gently warm the milk in a saucepan then stir in the maple syrup and vanilla paste.
- Put the cornflour and cocoa powder in a small mixing bowl, then spoon in a little of the warm milk. Mix until just combined, then pour back into the pan.
- Whisk for 4-5 minutes until well combined and thickened.
- Break-up the chocolate into small pieces and stir until melted.
- Stir in the double cream and serve hot.
Learn how to make hot chocolate from scratch using this delightful homemade hot chocolate recipe. A real winter warmer, our maple hot chocolate is sweetly flavoured and sure to become a family favourite.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.