For the pancake batter
- 500g flour (chickpea flour)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 300ml water or almond/oat milk
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
For the vegan maple ice cream
- 2 x 400g cans of coconut milk (not light)
- 175ml Maple syrup (preferably dark syrup for its robust taste)
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Pinch of turmeric
To make the pancakes
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients.
- Slowly adding water or almond/oat milk and maple syrup, whisk together to form a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add a ladle of batter mix. Leave to spread out into a thick circular shape.
- Look for air bubbles, browning and dry edges on one side then flip to cook the other side for 1 minute.
- Plate and serve with toppings of your choice including extra maple syrup.
To make the vegan maple ice cream
- In a pan, mix one can of coconut milk with the Maple syrup, cornflour and turmeric.
- Bring to a boil then add the rest of the coconut milk.
- Keep the ice cream in a fridge for 4 hours.
- Then, pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and process according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- It should take between 15 and 20 minutes.
A delicious vegan version of American style pancakes, and an easy to follow way to make vegan ice cream.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.