For the base
- 200g crushed graham crackers
- 30g maple sugar
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 60g melted dairy free spread
For the cheesecake filling
- 450g vegan cream cheese
- 400g silken tofu
- 140g maple sugar
- 50ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden colour for its delicate flavour)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 80g plain flour
To make the base
- Preheat oven to 190c and line a spring-form pan with baking parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the crushed graham crackers, salt, the melted dairy free butter, and maple sugar together.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
To make the cheesecake filling
- In a stand mixer, beat together the vegan cream cheese, soft tofu, maple syrup, vanilla extract and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl, mix together the maple sugar, corn flour and the plain flour.
- With the mixer on slow, slowly add the dried ingredients into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the spring-form pan and bake for one hour at 130c.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let cool on a work top for one hour.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight, or at least 5 hours until firm.
A vegan vanilla cheesecake with a texture to rival any non-vegan cheesecake. Smooth and creamy, this vanilla cheesecake recipe is a must-try for lovers of vegan baking.
The Quebec Maple Syrup Producers are not in any way responsible for the identification or presence of allergens in recipes or for the classification of any recipe as vegetarian or vegan.
Hundreds of Delicious Recipes
Maple is a special addition to any recipe, from starters and snacks to sumptuous desserts. Find one that’s perfect for you, your family and friends.