Interview: Freda Ayisi
Freda signed for Birmingham in February 2015, prior to the start of The FA WSL season. She came through Arsenal’s Centre of Excellence before going on to make her debut for the Gunners in 2013. Freda has Champions League experience too, and won the FA Women’s Cup in a 2-0 triumph over Everton in 2014.
1. What inspired you to become a professional footballer? My ability, family and friends are all what made me decide to become a professional.
2. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given? Hard work always beats talent when talent fails to work hard.
3. What is your proudest moment in football and why? Scoring my first professional goal in the Champions League for Arsenal.
4. If you could play against any team in any league in the world who would you play, in what stadium and why? I’d love to play Man City again at Wembley Stadium in a re-match of the 2017 Women’s FA Cup Final. It would be great to get revenge and win!
5. What are your favourite pre and post-match meals? A pre-match porridge with a dash of maple syrup is great. After a game I love pizza!
6. What’s your favourite way to use pure Canadian maple syrup? It’s great in pre-match porridge as it gives me a natural energy boost, but I also still use it on pancakes!